3 Fashion Tips for Busy Moms
Are a messy bun and a shirt with strange stains part of your daily mom uniform?
Well, it’s time to up your game! Looking stylish can be surprisingly fast if you know what’s what.
Here are a few simple tips to improve your style.
Keep it basic.
- You don’t need a fancy expensive outfit for every day of the week.
- Keep a few basic closet staples that can be swapped around into unique outfits without a lot of planning.
- Grab a few nice jeans, a skirt or two and plain T-shirts.
- Add in a couple of pretty button-up shirts, and you’ll be able to rearrange them in endless combinations.
Don’t forget one of the most important parts of building a swappable wardrobe is making sure that the colors compliment each other.
- A good necklace or scarves can save an otherwise boring outfit.
- Try to avoid buying trendy or overly stylized pieces.
- Silver and gold jewelry can go with almost anything.
- If your tot is still small enough to be grabby, there are chewable necklaces that are kid-friendly.
- A sweater or cardigan is easy to toss over your day clothes to give a different look. Great for those girl nights you get once a year!
Easy to care, easy to wear.
The first time there’s a spill, you’re going regret buying anything dry clean only. Look for easy to care for fabrics like cotton and denim. It seems like a no brainer, but it’s so easy to forget to check the tags when you find that perfect outfit.
Being stylish and being a mom at the same time can be almost effortless with a bit of planning.
Just keep it simple, and soon it’ll feel like second nature.
Note: If you buy anything through the links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We recommend only products we genuinely like. Thank you so much.
Really loved your tips, though I’m not a mom, I’m gonna share this with my mom.
“Easy to care, easy to wear” is my favorite line of this post. Exactly. I have a few things at the dry cleaners now. They’ve been there since December. I should *never* buy dry clean only again!
I love your tips and I especially love simple but cute . I like simple and classy.
I completely agree keeping it simple is key. Great post
I have a minimalist wardrobe and I don:t really care what people think if I wear the same outfit twice a week. It does not really matter and I don’t tend to overspend. Wish my best friend understand this, I may need to share this post with her and tell her we can look elegant being minimalist xoxo
I love these ideas! Buying clothes made of natural fabrics is something i had to learn the hard way, but those pieces do last so much longer.
Great tips! I’m trying to simplify my wardrobe right now!
I hate shopping! I try to find clothes that are easy to take care of and have some quality to them so they will last longer so they don’t come out if the dryer looking all crumpled and nasty.
Organicize Your Life
You are a girl after my own heart – love your tips, very practical and they provide an easy and do-able method to achieve glamor with ease!
I love this! As someone who doesn’t have to get dressed up regularly I never know what is stylish to wear!