Light Blue Cheese And Roasted Pear Salad
Are you looking for a simple recipe for a delicious family meal you can throw together in 40 mins?
This Salad of Light Blue Cheese And Roasted Pear is simple and super delicious!
“Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.” ― Craig Claiborne
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 3 large firm pears, cored and cut into wedges
- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. balsamic vinegar
- 6 c. fresh arugula, washed and dried
- 6 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” ― Hippocrates
“I am a better person when I have less on my plate.” ― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Arrange pear slices in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet without overcrowding.
- Lightly brush the pear wedges with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Place baking sheet in the preheated oven and roast for approximately 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and turn each pear.
- Return to oven and continue roasting until the pears are evenly browned and fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Remove pears from oven and cool slightly. Set aside.
- While pears are roasting, add balsamic vinegar to a small saucepan set over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and stir frequently until the liquid is reduced to 1/3 of its original volume. The liquid will be thick and syrupy when it is ready.
- Remove from heat and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add arugula, roasted pear slices, and blue cheese to a large salad bowl.
- Add the remaining olive oil and toss to combine.
- Drizzle the warm balsamic glaze on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Note: If you buy anything through the links on this page, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We recommend only products we genuinely like. Thank you so much.
Here are some products from the gift shop